When the shipping option Next day or 2 day is chosen, Customer will be required to sign for their package at the specified ship to address. If customer is not there to sign for the package it will not be left and shipping will not be refunded.
Next day and 2 day orders will be processed and shipped out on the day the order is placed if it is between M-Thursday 8:30 - 1:00 pm Mountain Standard Time. If it is after hours or falls on a weekend, your order will be processed the following business day.
When paying by money order (we will no longer accept checks), Make all Money orders payable to "Pine Meadows" print and send a copy of this order form w/ payment to:
PO Box 162
Provo, UT 84603
Your order will not be processed and shipped out until payment is received.
All damages & Shortages must be reported within 2 days of receipt of order. If any damage is found upon inspection of your order, you must save the original carton & packing materials and call your local UPS office for an inspection.
No returned merchandise will be accepted without prior authorization. You will need to send in your original paper work with the name of the representative authorizing the return, and a return authorization number. Pine Meadows assumes no responsibility for freight charges associated with return items. All returned merchandise will be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
**No returns on fragrance or essential oils.
Temporarily out of stock items will be placed on back order. Back ordered items will be canceled if unavailable after 15 days.
Pine Meadows has made every effort to ensure that the information contained on our website is accurate. We cannot be responsible for any injuries, losses, or other damage that may result from your use or misuse of our products.
© 2017. Pine Meadows. All Rights Reserved.
1. Click on your unit of measurement from the drop down menu. Your options are grams, ounces, or pounds. (Ounce refers to a weight measurement, not a fluid measurement).
2. Choose your "solid form lye". Your options are Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) used for making bar soaps. Potassium Hydroxide (KOH) used for making liquid soaps. **Flakes or beads are the most commonly used forms and apply to both potassium hydroxide and sodium hydroxide.
3. Type in your liquid of choice. Some listed options are milk, water, herbal tea, etc. Try to be specific so that when you want to duplicate this recipe you have not left out any important notes. (Ex distilled water & goats milk)
4. Enter a # amount next to each oil and/or fat you wish to use in your soap recipe. Remember that the # amount entered corresponds to the unit of measurement that you chose at step 1 . Once you have completed your data entry, click on the Submit button located in the lower left corner of the screen. You will be taken to a page that contains the different oil names, amounts, and % of oil in recipe that you chose in step #3.
5. Print out your recipe, or if you want to change the % of your oils click the back button on your browser and it will take you to step #4. Edit your # amounts and proceed by clicking the Submit button. Now if your new oil % amounts look good, print out the page. (If you are not sure what the % amount should be for an oil, refer back to our online catalog soapmaking supplies/fixed oils section for recommendations.)
6. Reading your recipe:
Start with the Oil Name Column, directly below this is a list of oils you chose for your recipe. The next column is the amount of oil you will use in your soap recipe (this amount will correspond to the unit of measurement chosen in step #1 (grams, ounces, or pounds). The total oil amount will tell you how big your soap batch is (16 ounces= a 1 lb batch). The next column gives you the % in recipe this tells you the % that each oil contributes to your soap recipe. SV refers to each oil's saponification value. The next column gives you the average saponification value of your recipe. Listed at the bottom of the columns you will see total amount of sodium hydroxide (NaOH) or potassium hydroxide (KOH) to get 0% excess fat. Directly to the right of the page you will see a Lye Table that contains two columns. One reads % of excess fat and Lye amount which again will correspond to the unit of measurement chosen in step #1. **We recommend using 5 to 8% excess fat range / lye amount. This allows for a firm bar of soap with just enough excess fat to be safe.